- My job, which is crazy and stressful but also so interesting and is the reason I get to live and work in such a gorgeous city
- A trivia team that is wonderful and friendly and loves how nerdy I am.
- Television. And also my Tivo.
- My wonderful, hilarious, kind family, who have gone above and beyond for me this year.
- This baked macaroni-and-cheese that my friend’s sister made for Thanksgiving. It was all crisp on top and gooey on the inside. It was almost a religious experience.
Wimsey sighed and rose.
"I’m going home to bed," he declared. "We must wait till we get the photographs of the paper. Life is dust and ashes. I can’t prove my theories and Bunter has deserted me again. He disappeared from Wilvercombe on the same day as William Bright, leaving me a message to say that one of my favorite socks had been lost in the wash and that he had lodged a complaint with the management. Miss Vane, Harriet, if I may call you so, will you marry me and look after my socks, and, incidentally, be the only woman-novelist who ever accepted a proposal of marriage in the presence of a superintendent and inspector of the police?"
"Not even for the sake of the headlines."
"I thought not. Even publicity isn’t what it was."
—Have His Carcase, Dorothy Sayers